For pretty much every one of us, the most beloved and important people in our lives are our parents. Therefore, Parents Day accommodates a special place in our hears in comparison to any special day or event. For Parents Day is such a beautiful opportunity when we get to thank our dear parents for the time, effort and love they have bestowed us with. What better way could we thank them than arranging a Parents Day celebration at school with your fellow students? Besides you get the opportunity of thanking your spiritual parents too. Want to know How to compere parents day at school? Let’s dive in, then!
When’s Parents Day?
Before we learn how to compere Parents Day at school, we shall know where this respective day lays on the calendar. People from different countries honor their parents on different days of the months. For instance, Koreans celebrate Parents Day on May 8. Whereas on Parents Day people from the Philippines place pink Cadena de Amor on their chest on the first Monday of December.
However, we generally make Parents Day cakes on 1 June on an international level to let our parents know how appreciative we all are of whatever they have done for us.
Why Celebrate Parents Day?
Let’s face it! “why should we celebrate Parents Day?” is not the right question, in my money. Because parents or parental love is the only love that is wholly selfless and unconditional. They are the most forgiving and loyal people we can ever come across. Besides, they are just like our backbone; they will us no matter what.
And they are the only people whose love is whole no matter how many times it is divided. Therefore, they deserve a chance when we could let them know how much we appreciate their struggle, love and time they have given us. Thus, the question should be “why should we celebrate parents Day?”.
Moreover, it is not just about thanking our parents. By celebrating Parents Day, we are giving a message to the generation following us. As actions speak louder than words, they learn how tiny things held great value in our hearts. They, furthermore, learn to appreciate the effort of their ancestors in giving their best lives.
Parents Day at Your School/ College
Now that we have discussed several important topics such as why do we need to celebrate parents day and more. It is time for some technical ones.
To celebrate Parents Day, we need to arrange a function. For the Parents Day function, we require the following things:
- invitation cards: Parents will love hand made invitation cards even if they are rough and imperfect.
- decoration material: like your invitation cards, you can decorate your hall all by yourself
- some cute little fairies: why? Well, you would need them to welcome your dear guests.
- tableau performers: how about bringing some drama to your parents to convey your message. Sounds good?
- gifts: yes, I understand gifts are very expensive nowadays. But the good thing is your parents will love whatever you present them. Your gift can be just a little Thank You card or your hand made drawing of their portraits.
Parents Day Celebration Script
Now that you have arranged all the technical stuff, it is time for How to Compere Parents Day at School. Following there is a sample of how you should make your script. Moreover, you can get some ideas not only from How to Compere Parents Day at School but also click here to get more anchoring script samples.
To begin your function, there are various ways you can opt. The best I can suggest you is singing out loud some lines of meaningful poetry. For instance,
Sequined in the night sky,as the stars shine.They tell a million stories,some of yours and a few of mine.Sparkling gems adorn the sky,and you wish to be like them.A dazzling splendor to beautify,and a long road to exempt.As you look upon at night,you feel a wind so calm.Assuming a tomorrow so bright,you embellish the innermost charm.As the night enchants its beauty,and makes us feel beautiful.It side by side performs her duty,by making our every night hopeful.
Now that you have grabbed their attention, you are open to welcome you dear guests.
A warm morning/ afternoon/ evening and hearitly welcome to everyone out there!
We are extremely please and honoured to have (name of the guest) as our chief guest on this auspicious day. Besides, we welcome dearest parents, fellow students and honourable teachers to our Parents Day celebration. And we appreciate your presence on the behalf of our managing team.
We dance for laughter,
we dance for tears,
we dance for madness,
we dance for fears,
we dance for hopes,
we dance for screams,
we are the dancers,
we create the dreams.
Now please a round of applause for our little fairies for their welcome performance choreographed by (name of the choreographer).
After the Welcome Tableau
Wow! It was a splendid performance. A big round of applause for our little fairies and their choreographer (name of the choreographer), please.
Now may I request (name of the speaker) to be present on the stage for his speech.
Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark to have been loved so deeply .. will give us some protection forever. – J.K. Rowling
This was (name of the speaker) from (grade name).
Calling Students For Performance
Besides a welcome tableau, you can arrange any other tableau or drama. So, to call them upon the stage, you may like to say:
Moving forward we would love to let you know that we are very thankful to every one of you, dear parents. So, we are proud to represent a drama on the theme of (the theme of your drama best on Parents Day) by students of ….
So, put your hands together for them.
After the Drama Performance
Hear touching, indeed!
Calling the Principal
After that, your Parents Day function has featured some drama and golden points, it is time to invite your honorable principle.
Now it is time to call upon the personality who has always given his best in educating your childern and changing them for good. So, may I please have Mr./Ms. (name of the principle) of (name of the academy) on the stage.
Dear audience, thanks for joining us on this honourable day. We are grateful of your presence and enthusiasm. Besides I would like to thank our chief guest (name of the chief guest) and respected parents. I would also thank and appreciate our managing group member and performers.
On this note, I would like to let you that our managing group has arrangement some refreshment for our dear parents, guests, students and respected teachers.
Also Read: Compering Script for School Function
10 Parents Quotes
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
- “Parents aren’t the people you come from. They’re the people you want to be when you grow up.” ― Jodi Picoult
- ”Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” – Matthew Jacobson
- “No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.”– Brad Meltzer
- “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
- “Our parents’ prayer is the most beautiful poetry and expectations.”– Aditia Rinaldi
- In the happiest of our childhood memories, our parents were happy, too.– Robert Brault
- “There is nothing worse than a thirteen-year-old boy. You’re embarrassed by your parents, and you’re trying to find your independence because, deep inside, you are so dependent on your mom.” » Ben Affleck
- When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth. – Mitch Albom
Hope the scripts mentioned in the article help you to organize a good event parents day at school, in addition, any kind of script you need, put a comment in the comment section below. We will provide you.
Read more anchoring scripts…