Arabic is usually ranked among the top six of the world’s major languages. As the language of the Qur’an, the holy book of Islam, it is also widely used throughout the Muslim world. Now, if your 1st language is Arabic and you want to learn English as a second language then you need to have a good translator or dictionary installed on your cell phone or computer. In the article below I am going to introduce the 5 Best English-Arabic Dictionaries to help you learn ESL.
The 5 Best English-Arabic Dictionaries
1. English Arabic Dictionary
Rated by 62000+
Installs 5,000,000 – 10,000,000
This English Arabic dictionary is very simple and easy to use and it’s installed by more than 5,000,000 so far.
- English Arabic bidirectional translation
- Used offline
- Cross apps translation to translate from other apps like web browser, mail or SMS without opening Q Dictionary and without interruptions
- Automatic detection of word root
- Automatic language detection
- Words details like plural & singular for nouns, simple past for verbs
- Fast search with automatic suggestions
- English words Text-To-Speech
- Word search history
- Favorite words list
- Copy or share translation
2. Arabic Dictionary & Translator – Dict Box
Installs 1,000,000 – 5,000,000
Dic Box is one of the best translators among the 5 best English-Arabic dictionaries which translates English to Arabic & Arabic to English Offline.
- Translate English to Arabic
- Translate Arabic to English
- English to English Dictionary
- Arabic to Arabic Dictionary
- Includes more than 750K words and expressions
- Easy to use, fast, no internet required
- Ability to translate words directly into web browser and other apps
- Offline pronunciation (US, UK, AU, and other languages)
- English dictionary & thesaurus with examples and explanations
- Thesaurus, Synonyms, Antonyms
- Backup & Restore
- Ability to search sentences, phrases, related words
- Image search, picture dictionary
- Word suggestion for mistyped words
- Tap word to see its meaning in popup window
- Ability to install more dictionaries & more languages
- You can import your dictionaries in Stardict format
- Connected with popular web dictionaries (Oxford dictionaries, Cambridge, Wiki, etc)
- Word reminder
- Review words with pictures
- History, favourites, notes
3. English Arabic Dictionary
Rated by 13000+
Installs 500,000 – 1,000,000
This app is offline and free. you can search both Arabic or English words. It’s sharing option which allows you to search directly from internet browser or other applications. You can also use speech to text features and a lot more features as they are listed below.
- Arabic To English
- English To Arabic
- No internet connection required
- Search From Web
- Search by Sharing
- Auto Suggestion
- Pronounce & Voice Search
- Antonyms (Opposite words)
- Backup and Restore
- History & Study Plan
- Word Game
- Share Words
- Copy Words
4. Offline English Arabic Dictionary
Rated by 9000+
Installs 1,000,000 – 5,000,000
This is a free app supported by ads and the internet access permission is only used to load ads.
- Over 89.000 words and expressions
- Bookmark your favourite translations for fast reference
- Works offline! No Internet connection needed, no extra files to download! The best translator for your trips, your studies, or when no data connection is available.
- Listen to the correct pronunciation in British or American English and Arabic (if installed) using Android’s built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
- Share translations by SMS, email, etc.
5. Cambridge English-Arabic Dict
Rated by 700+
Installs 100,000 – 500,000
Cambridge English-Arabic dictionary is an ideal dictionary for Arabic-speaking learners of English which is beautiful and easy to use.
- Arabic translations for 18,000 words and phrases
- 14,000 examples show how words work in typical contexts and help you learn faster.
- Based on the 1.5 billion words in Cambridge English Corpus
- Hear the words spoken online with thousands of British English and American English recordings.
- Excellent spelling suggestions
- Nice, clean user interface
- Manage your search history and favourites words list
- Share translations via Facebook, Twitter, Email, SMS, etc.
- Phonetic transcription available
- Specially aimed at intermediate learners of English at CEF levels A1-B2
- User-friendly navigation: swipe on left and right to see the previous or the next page visited