Note: Remember that both(will) and (be going to) are used to form the future tense sentences, but be going to is used to talk about stronger actions or in other words, it is used to talk about the actions which are already planned to be done in the future. Learn how to use be going to here.
How to use be going to?
Is am are
I am going to go home tomorrow.
Contraction form => Going to = gonna
- Singular noun/ He/ She is going to go home tomorrow.
Plural noun/ You / We are going to go home tomorrow
Structure: subject + be going to + v1 + complement
- the President is going to have a press conference today.
- He`s gonna have a press conference today.
Structure: subject + be + not + going to + v1 + complement
- I am not going to meet you tonight.
Structure: Be + subject + going to + verb1 + complement
- Is she going to go to Germany next year?
- Is she gonna go to Germany next year?
Negative interrogative sentences
Structure: Be + subject + not + going to + verb1 + complement
- Are you not going to be here tomorrow?
- Are you not gonna be here tomorrow?
Questions with WH question words
Structure: WH + be + subject + going to + verb1 + complement
- When is Jan going to write a grammar book?
- When`s he gonna write a grammar book?
Put the verbs into the correct form (simple future)
James, 18 years old, asked an ugly fortune teller about his future. Here is what she told him:
1. You (be)___________ very happy.
2. You (get)___________ a lot of money.
3. You (buy)___________ a beautiful house.
4. Your friends (envy)___________ you.
5. You (meet)___________ a beautiful girl.
6. You (marry)___________ her.
7. You and your wife (travel)___________ around the world.
8. People (serve)___________ you.
9. They (not/refuse)___________ to make you happy.
10. But all this (happen / only)___________ when you are 70 years old
Put the verbs into the correct form (future I). Use be going to.
1. It (rain) is not going to rain.
2. They (eat)___________ stew.
3. I (wear)___________ blue shoes tonight.
4. We (not / help)___________ you.
5. Jack (not / walk)___________ home.
6. (cook / you)___________ dinner?
7. Sue (share / not)___________ her biscuits.
8. (leave / they)___________ the house?
9. (take part / she)___________ in the contest?
10. I (not / spend)___________ my holiday abroad this year