We already have talked about present perfect continuous/progressive tense usages and sentence structures. In the article below we have prepared present perfect continuous tense exercises with answers for ESL students and teachers. Solve the exercises and compare your answers with the correct answers given.
Present Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises
Put the verbs into the correct form (present perfect progressive).
1. He (work)___________________________ in this company since 1985.
2. I (wait)_________________________________ for you since two o’clock.
3. Mary (live)____________________________________ in Germany since 1992.
4. Why is he so tired? He (play)_____________________________ tennis for five hours.
5. How long (learn / you)________________________________________________ English?
6. We (look for) _____________________________________ the motorway for more than an hour.
7. I (live)__________________________________________________ without electricity for two weeks.
8. The film (run / not)_____________________________________ for ten minutes yet, but there’s a commercial break already.
9. How long (work / she)______________________________________________ in the garden?
10. She (not / be) _____________________________________ in the garden for more than an hour.
Choose the correct answer from the four options.
1. He _______________________winning this championship for last 2 years.
- has been
- have been
2. I _______________________living here since last year.
- has been
- have been
3. She has been ________________________for two hours.
4. It has been ________________________ since Monday
5. I ______________________________been cooking since 01:00 pm.
6. My brother _________________________________ been attending the class.
- has not
- have not
- not have
- not has
7. ____________________________they been playing?
- Has been
- Have been
8. __________________________Jamal been sleeping?
9. You have not been _________________________enough food.
10. It has been ________
Change the verb into the correct form:
1. I ________________________________ (listen) to this for 2 hours.
2. You_________________________________ (wait) since this morning.
3. She ______________________________________ (watch) their dog since Saturday.
4. We______________________________________ (talk) for over an hour.
5. I _______________________________________ (prepare) for this test for almost 2 weeks.
6. Joe ________________________________________ (work) here since 1987.
7. You _________________________________ (do) nothing for the last 30 minutes.
8. Lilly _____________________________________ (teach) English for many years.
9. I____________________________________ (eat) tomatoes for my entire life.
10. Recently, she ______________________________ (feel) quite better.
11. They__________________________________ (talk) a lot lately.
12. You ________________________________________ (watch) too much television.
13. We _____________________________________ (eat) too many sweets lately.
14. Lately, I ____________________________________ (exercise) quite frequently.
15. You _______________________________________ (help) me a lot.
|Exercise 1.||Exercise 2.||Exercise 3.|
|1. has been working||1. has been||1. have been listening|
|2. have been working||2. have been||2. have been waiting|
|3. has been living||3. studying||3. has been watching|
|4. has been playing||4. raining||4. have been talking|
|5. have you been learning||5. have||5. have been preparing|
|6. have been looking||6. has not been||6. has been working|
|7. I have been living||7. have||7. have been doing|
|8. has not been running||8. has||8. has been teaching|
|9. has she been working||9. eating||9. have been eating|
|10. has not been being||10. snowing||10. has been feeling|
|11. have been talking|
|12. have been watching|
|13. have been eating|
|14. have been exercising|
|15. have been helping|