We have already talked about simple past tense definition, structures and sentences. In the article below you will find
Simple Past Tense Exercises With Answers
Exercise1: Use the correct forms of the given verbs in the blanks.
1) He_____________________________ (knock) at the door.
2) Tom____________________________ (lie) to his mum.
3) Mum_____________________________ (lift) her bags.
4) They_____________________________ (like) this plan.
5) You ______________________________ (listen) to the radio in June.
6) We_______________________________ (live) in Cambridge.
7) He________________________________ (lock) the gate.
8) I___________________________________ (look) at the photos.
9) Mike______________________________ (love) dancing.
10) I__________________________________ (believe) her.
11) She_______________________________ (visit) her parents in London.
12) They _____________________________(paint) a beautiful picture.
13) My mum___________________________ (ask) me.
14) Dogs________________________________ (hate) cats.
15) John________________________________ (marry) Susan.
16) The cars____________________________ (move) in the street.
17) You__________________________________(open) the gate.
18) Dad__________________________________(pack) the dresses into the cupboard.
19) I______________________________________(pass) by the window.
20) You__________________________________ (pick up) every litter in the street.
21) Paul and you____________________________ (play) football.
22) I__________________________________(pour) some water into the teapot.
23) Dick______________________________ (push) the door.
24) They____________________________ (swim) in the see.
26) He______________________________ (remember) everything.
27) We______________________________(repair) our car in the garage.
28) Grandma_____________________________(sew) my jeans.
29) The family_____________________________(ski) in winter.
30) The baby______________________________ (smile).
- knocked 2. lied 3. lifted 4. liked 5. listened
6. lived 7. Locked 8. looked 9. Loved 10. believed
11. visited 12. painted 13. asked 14. hated 15. married
16. moved 17. opened 18. packed 19. passed 20. picked up
21. played 22. poured 23. pushed 24. swam 25. rained
26. remembered 27. repaired 28. sewed 29. skied 30. smiled
Student1: Did you go anywhere interesting yesterday?
Student2: Yes, I did. I went to City Center.
Student1: Oh, really? How fantastic! What did you do over there?
Student2: What do you mean?
Stunet1: Well, I mean, did you buy anything or just hung around?
Student2: To be honest, I did some window-shopping but bought nothing.
Students1: Why not?
Student2: Because it is too expensive to shop over there.
Students1: Well, that makes sense.
Conclusion: Feel free to write your feedback about the article using the comment box below. We are doing our best to provide the best materials to give you hand learn English as a second language.