Speech competition is a contest among the students especially English learners aims to foster the public speaking skills. In speech competition, the students are given a title to create their own speech and speak in front of the audience or peers.
Debate is a process that involves formal discussion on a particular topic. In a debate, the participants argue for opposing viewpoints. Debate occurs in public meetings, academic institutions, and legislative assemblies. It is a formal type of discussion, often with a moderator and an audience, in addition to the debate participants.
In this article, you will find some best lines to host a speech/debate competition among participants, in public meetings and academic institutions.
Anchoring Script For Speech/Debate Competition
How to Begin?
Today is the big day,
To think of how far-flung we have come,
And how afar we have to go?
Along with multifarious struggles and triumphs,
There is much more to thrive and much more to show.
Let’s rejoice the majestic journey,
This establishment had had up to now,
Let’s raise a toast to make it even better,
Let us take a vow!
A warm good afternoon/evening/morning to all of you present here. My name is (insert your name) and I will be your host till the end of the function. I welcome our honoured management/director, well acclaimed chief guests and guest of honour and all treasured invitees, revered teachers and of course our starling participants and students.
How lovely is this day and so does the ambience and aura surrounding it? Soon the colours of this merriment will unforld and will transport us to another world.
Today we are having brillinat students who will compete in debate/speech competition and share their veiws about the given title [Insert title] and bring out their hidden aptitude.
Before the Contest Starts
WE DANCE FOR LAUGHTER.
WE DANCE FOR TEARS.
WE DANCE FOR MADNESS.
WE DANCE FOR FEARS.
WE DANCE FOR HOPES.
WE DANCE FOR SCREAMS.
WE ARE THE DANCERS.
WE CREATE DREAMS.
DANCE is one of the most divine form Arts. It is much more than just moving your hands and legs. Dance is actually a way to expression an individual’s feelings. So get set ready for all the excitement and delight. Save up your energy folks because today we are going to catch sight of some great dances, Some great flair. So let’s gear up for a striking beginning of the show. A big round of aplause for the little butterflies to come on the stage show your their skills in dacning.
Speech/Debate Competition Rules
Ladies and Gentleman before calling the participants on the stage let me introduce the panel of juries. We are having houruble Mr. [name] and Ms. who will judge today’s contest and select best of the best speakers. Initially, let me read out the rules given to the participants and the participants are requested to follow the rules and regulation.
Rules of Debate/Speech Competition
Rules differes and are based on academic rules. as an illustration, some rules can be as follows:
- Speeches shall not be less than three minutes and not more than five minutes in length. One point shall be deducted for each ten seconds or part thereof over or under this time limit.
- No microphones are permitted for Competitors. This is not a musical competition or a dramatic audition.
- Speakers, from the beginning, should consider their intended audience to be “the public” – a mixed age group, not simply an audience of peers.
- Statements which might be construed as slanderous, embarrassing, or containing gender, cultural, or racial stereotypes are unsuitable for the competition.
- Each speaker is questioned as soon as he concludes his constructive speech. The witness must answer the questions without consulting his colleagues.
- No new constructive arguments may be introduced in the rebuttal period. The affirmative must, if possible, reply to the major negative arguments before the last rebuttal.
- The judge must base his decision entirely on the material presented, without regard for other material which he may happen to possess.
- Any gains made outside of the established procedure are disallowed.
- Students must not identify themselves in any way, by name, or by school.
- The decision of the judge shall be final.
Calling the Speakers on The Stage
Now I see all the participants are ready to come on the stage and share their views about the given title. So, who is going to break the ice? Ladies and gentleman put your hands together for the first speaker from [Class & School] Mr./Mr. [name] to come on the stage.
Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.- Abigail Adams
“Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one’s self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily.”– Thomas Szasz
Thanks for sharing your precious words and ideas [name]. Now I would like to call the second speaker from class [Name & class] please a big round of applause for him/her to come on the stage.
Call all the speakers…
Calling the Judge to announce the result
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness, without these qualities life will be violent and all will be lost. You the people have the power to make this place a beautiful place to live in, to make it a paradise, then in the name of democracy let us all use the power, let us all unite and make this soiled a paradise to live in. Let’s all pledge to make the world a better place to live and not commit the mistakes bursts.
Now I request Mr./Ms. [name] to be present on the stage announce the best speakers of today’s contest and felicitate them.
We have already written some best lines for prize distribution among position holders. You can check in the link:
Related: How To Speak Better In Public
Note: You can copy the given scripts and edit it according to your own desire. This is just a clue to give you an idea. Moreover, if you need more scripts please comment it in the comment section below.