Independence days are dearly special! This day is, literally, a symbol of all the great things such as liberty, freedom, kindness, humanity, love, patriotism and much more. Thus, people all around the world take nothing for granted when it comes to celebrating their country’s independence day to its fullest. So, they may be celebrating independence day in different ways, yet they do everything to showcase their patriotic selves. There are independence day parties, contests, and events to honor the significance of independence day. Similarly, if your school has chosen you to give an independence day speech in English at the coming independence day function, you can use the speech below to show your patriotism.
You can click here to learn more about the best independence day celebration ideas.
The Best Independence Day Speech in English
There is a beautiful land in the sky.
Depicted in colors, before my eyes,
A mountainuous region, colored grey,
I am enthralled, my senses away
beyond, pink tinged becoming there
a sunny land, bright and fair
at the foot of the mountains is the sea
blue and still waitigng for me
with golden shores, I see them too
beckoning there for me and you
now gradually changing for a different scene
as more clouds gather where the sea has been
“Good Morning to all the respected teachers, parents and my dear friends. Today we all have gathered to celebrate such a beautiful and honorable national day. We all know that independence days are special and auspicious to all of us. Independence day is a very crucial and most awaited national day for all the citizens of India (or insert the name of your country here).
It is the day when we got liberty from the……………after years of struggles and sacrifices. Not to forget, we all owe this freedom to those freedom fighters who participated and sacrificed their and their loved ones’ lives. Thus, we honor their sacrifices.
Moreover, I would like to mention a few names without whom we would not have been here to celebrate liberty. (insert some of the well known and honorable freedom fighters). This is hard to imagine how tough it was for them to work through the process day and night selflessly to get liberty.
How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy.
It has been almost ________ years since Pakistan emerged as a stand-alone country on the map of the world. Our country has gone through its struggles and hard times. However, the beauty and smell of liberty is evergreen in the air.
Besides, God has blessed us with such a beautiful gift in the name of (Insert name of your country). It has all four seasons, summer, winter, fall, and autumn namely. Thus, there is hardly any kind of fruit or crop our country’s land is not capable of producing. Moreover, it has beautiful and breath-taking landscapes.
Furthermore, our land has been trying its best to meet the fast-growing pace of the countries in the world. Therefore, we have been focusing a little more every year on the well being, both physically and mentally, and the education of our future builders also known as youth.
Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.
(Insert the name of your country) is our motherland. We should always be ready to safeguard it from all the bad things. As the youth of this country, it is our responsibility to take over the development and make it the world’s best country in terms of education, peace, discipline, technology, and much more. Besides, it is now our responsibility to live up to our four fathers expectation and actualize the dreams of our citizens.
And with that being said, I would like to say that I am privileged to share a few words with you on this beautiful and honorable day. And I wish you all peace, love, and success.”
10 Best Patriotic Quotes
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it.” ~Mark Twain
- A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. ~Napoleon Bonaparte
- If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace. ~Hamilton Fish
- One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, One Nation evermore! ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty. ~John F. Kennedy
- The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it. ~H.L. Mencken
- Government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth. ~Abraham Lincoln
- “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it.” ~Barack Hussein Obama
- We must be free, not because we claim freedom but because we practice it. ~William Faulkner
- Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.
- Top 10 Ways to Start a Speech With Confidence and Power
- How to Celebrate Independence Day in School College or University
- Anchoring Script For Speech/Debate Competition