Whether it is writing an essay, lab report, or an article, your efforts and time should never go in vain. It has to reach its final destination. For instance, your essay and lab report must get good grades and your article should be published. With that in mind, we think that nothing is unachievable. All you need is a good plan and some help. So, read the article below to learn how to write an article for publication.
What is an Article?
An article is a piece of writing that focuses on a central theme and aims to inform the readers about something. The topics may vary from niche to niche. Some articles give advice on how to take care of one’s self or how to write a good essay. While others highlight a newsworthy topic.
Articles also illustrate technological stories and draw the reader’s attention to what is happening around the world. Whatever message an article wants to convey, it is very similar to writing an essay. Similarly, it has to follow rules if you want to publish it.
How to Write the Summary of an Article
How to Write an Article for Publication
Whether you are a full-time freelancer or a college student trying to earn to meet his day-to-day expenses, writing an article that gets published is indeed a mission. It can be daunting and confusing sometimes. But if you learn how to write an article for publication by heart, it can be as easy as ABC. So, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Select a Topic
The first thing that you need to do is figure out what you want to write about. This is a very important step. Because it can help you cut down a lot of labor while writing the article. In an ideal case, you should pick a topic that you find interesting or something that you are passionate about. Because it will help you stay focused for a longer period of time without burning out easily.
If you can not figure out what you should write about, try brainstorming around a specific niche on a piece of paper. Other than that, you can also use the internet to fetch some ideas and inspiration.
Moreover, if your article is not specified to follow a certain niche, writing a personal story can also be a great idea. Because writing personal stories are always one of the best opportunities for people to showcase their writing style, creativity, and uniqueness.
Step 2: Find Your Target Audience
Once you know what you want to write about, you should now find the target audience you want to reach. Imagine you are reading the same article, what questions do you want to be answered in this article. Then, find out at least three words that describe the audience you are targeting. For instance, the three words can be young, professional, and ambitious.
Other than that, try considering the following elements too.
- Demographics: This element helps you in understanding the age, educational background, and income of your target audience.
- Behaviors and interests: To reach out to the masses, you need to figure out what kind of content people want to read. To do so, you need to learn the trends in the market and how people react to different trends.
Step 3: Research
Your next step, after you have figured out your target audience, should be researching the selected topic. Because you need to add facts and figures to support your arguments to captivate your reader’s attention. With that in mind, you can either choose to research the topic using the internet or books. Whichever you choose, you have to make sure you are collecting information from a reliable resource.
Some of the things that you should be looking for while researching the topic are:
- Related quotes from known personalities
- Definition regarding the topic
- Related events
- References that your reader might find helpful
- Short stories
While doing your research, we recommend you to take a piece of paper and jot down everything that you consider to be important or interesting. You can either use bullet points or draw clouds whichever you choose, make sure that you
Step 4: Create an Outline
Even before you start writing, you should make a basic outline for your article. So, you can spend more time deciding what argument or idea to include than how to put things together. The four main parts of an article are given below.
- Title: The title is the most important part of your article. Because this is the first thing that your audience sees when he searches for something on the internet. Therefore, it should be strong enough to be able to make them open and read your article.
- Introduction: After the title of your article, the introduction is crucial too in captivating your reader’s attention. It contains the thesis which summarizes the main idea of your article.
- Body of the article: The body of an article is the longest part of an article where you support your argument using the stats and facts that you have collected while researching the topic.
- Conclusion: Lastly, the conclusion summarizes your article in a few sentences or ends your article with a call to action.
Step 5: Write a Draft
By now you have everything that you need to start writing the first draft of your article. So, it is time to unleash the creative process. In this step, all you need to do is just write without thinking about whether you have made any mistakes or if there are ideas that you still need to build. Because you can edit everything later.
Step 6: Edit Before You Publish
The last step of our guide on how to write an article for publication is to edit your article thoroughly. Once you have written the first draft of your article, take some time off and come back later to start fresh. Then, take enough time to edit. Look for areas that you need to build and grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes. For this step, you can also ask a friend for help.
And make sure that you have gone through everything before you publish your article.
You can read more about:
- How to Write an Essay Fast in Eglish – Step by Step Guide
- What are the Basic Steps of Writing an Essay – Beginners Guide
- How to Write a Case Study Report
- 5 Tips on How to Avoid Grammar Mistakes in Your Essay
- How to Check Your Grammar Mistakes in an Essay – 8 Best Tools
- Best Grammar Checker in 2022 – Grammarly
- How to Write a Dissertation Paper -The Step by Step Guide
- 100+ Best Debate Topics for School and College Students in 2022
- How to Write an Empirical Research Paper in English